A WYSIWYG HTML editor like Froala, conceals the markup and helps visualize how the content will appear. It has an SEO-optimized algorithm, supports shortcuts, and provides cross-platform and cross-browser editing.
WYSIWYG HTML editor is a code editing software that helps display and edit content in the form displayed on the app or website. When creating or updating a website, a WYSIWYG editor—short for “What You See Is What You Get” editor—is a huge help as it allows live editing.
A good WYSIWYG HTML editor, gives you the power to make changes and instantly see how they appear on your live website. Therefore, it helps eliminate the time-consuming process of making a change, saving it, opening a preview in a new window, and again evaluating that update. Below is a look at the qualities of a good WYSIWYG HTML editor.
Features of a WYSIWYG in the Modern Web
WYSIWYG HTML editor is packed with powerful features as below
- Easy to Integrate
- Easy to Upgrade
- High-Quality Code
- Unit Tests
- Inline Editing
- Cross Browser
1. Ease of Use
A prior understanding of web programming is not necessary to use a WYSIWYG editor to design websites. Users can add (or delete) various components (such as text, photos, and videos) on a webpage using the drag-and-drop interface. It is simple and easy to use, as people don’t need to be experts in skills such as programming to use it.
2. Speed and Efficiency:
In the modern web, efficiency defines a website or app’s success. Traditional text-based editors make web pages and applications bulky in size with excessive code. Instead of starting from scratch when creating a page and wasting time on it, WYSIWYG editors make it so that the creation process is far quicker, especially if the person in charge is a non-technical user.
In addition to the instant editorial functions, users can concentrate more intently on design without being distracted by the technicalities.
3. Edit on the Move:
WYSIWYG editors provide cross-platform and cross-browser sharing. They work perfectly on popular browsers, and users can quickly make simple adjustments from anywhere using their smartphones.
4. Modern Web Standard
A modern WYSIWYG HTML editor, which the experts prefer, includes accessibility-checking features designed to adhere to recognized standards like WCAG and Section 508.
4. Creative Control
Modern WYSIWYG HTML editors add customizability to the creation process of the product. Additional options such as coloring different aspects of the code to make them easier to edit, changing and customizing fonts, and making changes give the user complete control over the workplace.
Apart from creating a custom dropdown menu with various options, users can create their own pop-ups and define their layouts. These pop-ups can be customized using easy-to-navigate buttons. Users can also create a customized quick insert button for frequently used actions and add it to the menu where other quick insert buttons are located.
5. Content Management
WYSIWYG HTML editors have become an essential part of content management. Because they enable rich text conversion into HTML, content managers can now make changes and observe how they appear in real time. As a result, their work becomes considerably simpler, quicker, and more effective.
6. SEO-Supported Attributes
SEO plays a major role in determining a website’s traffic on the modern web. A good WYSIWYG HTML editor has powerful algorithms which automatically provide clean HTML output for improved SEO performance.
Another vital element for SEO is the ‘Alt text’ for images. Users of WYSIWYG editors may adjust it straight through the edit picture pop-up and watch as the website’s rating improves. The link title is another attribute users can set in the link pop-up, making website navigation seamless for visitors.
More Features of WYSIWYG editors
- Drag and drop objects from the toolbox on the page anywhere you like!
- Supports Form fields: Editbox, TextArea, Checkbox, Radiobutton, Combobox and Button.
- Captcha object for (PHP) forms. It helps to stop spammers from submitting form data automatically.
- Validation tools for form components: EditBox, Combobox and TextArea with optional info balloons or native HTML5 validation.
- Rich text support: text object can contain different fonts, colors, links and sizes.
- Built-in FTP Client to manage your online files.
- Built-in Banner maker.
- Rollover images, Image maps, animated Slideshows
- Navigation bars, Tab Menu, Mega Menu Slide Menu and many other navigation options.
- Template support. Already more than 200 templates available!
- Import existing HTML pages.
- Image tools: Contrast, Brightness, Hue/Saturation, Flip, Rotate, Resample, Crop and Stencils.
- Shape object (Rectangle, Ellipse, Diamond, Hexagon, Octagon, Arrows, Flags, Signs, Stars, Talk Bubbles and much more!).
- Drawing tools: Line, Line + Arrows, Scribble, Polygon, Curve and Closed Curve.
- TextArt object which can be used to create amazing logos, banners or headers.
- Curved Text, draw text along a (user defined) curve.
The success of a website on the modern web requires it to be engaging, responsive and optimized. It must provide the visitor with a user-friendly experience while browsing the web page. With its framework’s integrations and customization options, the WYSIWYG HTML editor provides the users creative liberty of seamless and efficient website creation.