Google Cloud services are changing the way businesses operate in 2022. Whether you want to learn about specific Google Cloud Platform services or become Google Cloud Platform certified, this list has a course for you.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is the third fastest-growing cloud platform after Amazon’s AWS and Microsoft’s Azure. The platform generated a revenue of about $13 billion in 2020, making up about 7% of Google’s total revenue [Source: Statista]. GCP is turning out as a promising tool, especially when 70% of the global organizations are using the cloud to manage computing, storage, machine learning services, and much more.
Cloud roles were among the top 10 most demanded IT roles in 2021 and are also expected to have 29% higher salaries than the global average IT salary [Source: Google Cloud]. Thus, the professionals skilled in Google Cloud Platform have a great career opportunity ahead. Students and professionals planning to try their hands on this platform can opt for an online Google Cloud Course.
In this article, we will discuss why this tool matters and which are some of the top courses to learn GCP online.
What is Google Cloud Platform?
- Google Cloud Platform is one of the key services offered by Google for cloud based computing solutions.
- It is a public cloud vendor that offers a suite of computing services. GCP provides facilities like Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), and also Platform as a Service (PaaS).
- It provides public cloud infrastructure for hosting web-based applications, storage & database, networking, AI, and machine learning tools.
- Customers can access these services around the world for free or on a pay-per-use basis.
List of Google Cloud Fundamentals Certifications Available on GCP
- Cloud infrastructure
- Application development
- Kubernetes, hybrid, and multi cloud
- Data engineering and analytics
- API management
- Networking and security
- Machine learning and AI
- Cloud business leadership
- Google Workspace
Cloud OnBoard is a free, online training where instructors will lead hands-on labs and test your skills with quizzes and games. – Source Google
3 Way to Join Google Cloud Platform Courses Training
- Find an online course
- Find a class near you
- Request training for your team
Why Learn Google Cloud Platform?
- Simplicity – It is an easy-to-use platform, like by just creating a google account you can access the whole google cloud platform.
- Variety and Versatility – It offers tools for everyone and everything in the IT industry. All these tools can be used for development in the Linux, Windows, or MacOS environment.
- Cloud Service – It offers Google Cloud, which is a set of Google services that can be integrated with one another to create applications and websites.
- Specialized Services – It offers some specialized services like Big Data services, Machine Learning services, Google Cloud AI, IoT, and much more.
- Storage and Database – It offers a variety of storage options and retrieval in various scenarios like website content, data recovery, etc.
- Pricing – It is 60% cheaper than other cloud service providers. Even most of the services are free of cost.
- Certifications – Google offers various certifications in the cloud department. It offers certification for roles like Cloud Architect, Data Engineer, G-Suite Administrator, etc.
Which are the Best Courses to Learn Google Cloud Platform (GCP)?
There are various online courses available to learn the Google Cloud Platform, among which the top 5 courses based on rating and customer review are described below.
5 Best Courses to Learn Google Cloud Platform (GCP) in 2022
Coursera’s “Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals”
|Rating: 4.7/5Course Duration: 12 hours approximately course Fee: Free|
- This is an intermediate-level course offered by Google itself through Coursera.
- The course consists of 9 modules and is full of presentations, demos, and projects like incorporating cloud-based solutions into different business strategies.
- To take this course, one should have a basic understanding of cloud computing.
- The course will introduce important concepts of working with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and its services like Google App Engine, Google Compute Engine, Google Kubernetes Engine, Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL, and BigQuery.
AWS DevOps Certification Training By HKR Trainings
- AWS DevOps Certification training offered by HKR Trainings is for anyone, whether the learner is a novice or experienced.
- This course includes several modules providing a high level of the learners’ involvement with exercises, assignments, and real-time projects.
- To take up this AWS DevOps Certification Training Course, the learner should have basic knowledge of Amazon Web Services and DevOps, AWS System Administration, and AWS Development and experience in AWS Command Line Interface and AWS Management Console.
- It includes concepts like SDLC Automation, Monitoring and Logging, Configuration Management, Principles and standards followed in automation, Incident and Event Response, etc.
Edureka’s “Google Cloud Platform Certification Training”
|Rating: 5/5Course Duration: 6 weeksCourse Fee: ₹19,995|
- This course consists of demonstrations, assignments, MCQs, and projects to master the concepts.
- The course will train the students to enable their design, development, and also on management of a robust, secure, and highly available cloud-based solution for the organization’s needs.
- This course is designed with reference to Google Cloud Certified – Professional Cloud Architect Exam.
- It focuses on familiarizing new learners with the basic concepts and they will learn to manage GCP services like database services, networking services, security services, computing services, etc.
Coursera’s “Developing Applications with Google Cloud Specialization”
|Rating: 4.7/5Course Duration: 1-month course Fee: Free|
- This course is meant for developers who want to learn developing applications.
- In this course, the students will learn how to design, develop, and deploy applications that seamlessly integrate managed services from Google Cloud.
- It will provide hands-on training to use Google Cloud Services.
- It will also provide machine learning APIs to build intelligent, secure, and scalable cloud applications.
Simplilearn’s “Google Cloud Platform Architect Certification Training”
|Rating: 4.5/5Course Duration: Self-pacedCourse Fee: ₹9,999|
- This course introduces the flexible infrastructure and platform services provided by Google Cloud Platform.
- The participants will learn to analyze and deploy infrastructure components like storage systems, networks, and application services.
- The course will cover skills like GCP, virtual machines, identity access management, networking, load balancer, autoscaling, content & delivery network, cloud SQL, datastore, spanner, and Google Cloud storage.
- This course is apt for AWS DevOps Training, Developers, DevOps Engineers, Cloud Solutions Architects, System Operators, etc.
- The participants should have prior knowledge of GCP fundamentals, command-line tools and Linux operating system environments. They should also have experience in deploying and managing applications in a public cloud environment.
Udemy’s “Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals for Beginners”
|Rating: 4.5/5Course Duration: 4 hoursCourse Fee: ₹1,600|
- The course aims to offer a thorough overview of GCP, from core building blocks like storage, networking, computing, etc. to advanced services like databases, data & analytics, AI & ML, DevOps & developer tools.
- The course offers a hands-on demo in each section and there are cases and scenarios to understand the significant services of Google Cloud.
- To take this course, one should have a basic understanding of the OS concept. It is meant for developers, system administrators, students, IT professionals, and also those who want to start a career in GCP.
These are some of the best available online courses in the market to learn GCP fundamentals and are also preferred by beginners. In addition to these, students can search for advanced courses on platforms like Coursera, Udemy, Simplilearn, etc.
Amazon’s AWS and Microsoft Azure are more popular cloud platforms compared to GCP. Still, Google being such a huge brand name, there is an enormous craze for this platform too. GCP is currently in huge demand and can help you to build a high-paying career. So, if you want to try your hands with Google Cloud Platform, then don’t waste any time and enrol now.
Step 1. Start With Cloud Basics.
Step 2. Explore Free Google Cloud Resources
Step 3. Sign Up for GCP Training Courses
Step 4. Get Google Cloud Certified.
There are 3 ways to join GCP training
Find an online course
Find a class near you
Request training for your team
It depends upon which course you are joining and also the level of course/training.
Here are a few tips to help you start learning Google Cloud Platform on your own:
1. Start With Cloud Basics
2. Explore Free Google Cloud Resources
3. Sign Up for GCP Training Courses
4. Get Google Cloud Certified
Google Cloud Students Can Also Learn
- Google Cloud Certification
- Google Cloud Associate
- Cloud Engineer
- Google Cloud Professional
- Cloud Architect
- Google ComputeGoogle
- Cloud Professional Data Engineer
- Google Cloud Professional
- Cloud Developer
- Cloud Computing
- Software Architecture