Everybody wants to edit their photos whether for personal use or business purpose to seek attention. But doing this can be confusing sometimes as there are a lot of options available for this. And one of them is using photo shooting, editing, and sharing apps. These are basically a piece of software developed to edit your images from your mobile device. There are many varieties is such applications available all around. That’s why we have gathered an awesome list of the best Android apps for photo editing, shooting, and sharing to make it easy for you to pick.
Let’s dive in to know!
Best Android Apps for Photo Shooting, Editing, and Sharing
- Adobe Lightroom
- Prisma Photo Editor
- Adobe Photoshop Express
- Adobe Photoshop Fix
1. Snapseed – Professional Photo Editor Developed by Google
Snapseed is one of the best photo editing apps for Android platforms. It actually deserves one of the top ranks in the list of photo applications. It is a very beginner-friendly platform to edit your photos. It comes with a vast range of pre-set filters. Even you can create your own filter from scratch, which is impossible in maximum applications. Snapseed was launched by Google and is now owned by Nik. It is completely free to use.
- All the classic tools are available like cropping, straightening, text, vignettes, etc.
- You can edit the depth of the field with its precision masking feature.
- It offers a selection of simple film-like filters.
- You can even control exposure, temperature, and saturation with manual brushes.
- It also offers a selective adjustment tool to let you select a specific area of the photo.
2. VSCO | Photo & Video Editing App & Sharing Platform
The next option on the list is VSCO, which is popular for classic-look filters. VSCO is a bit different from many photo editing applications as it offers a camera with editing tools and an online community to share. Also, it is one of the video apps for Android along with photo editing. Users can take any photo by using its camera or they can upload from Gallery. Its vast variety of filters is categorized with different themes option like favorites, featured, warm, cool, black and white, etc.
- It offers a set of basic editing tools like cropping, adjustments, borders, vignettes, etc.
- You can also adjust the contrast, exposure, or even skin tones.
- It also offers the ‘For This Photo’ mode to give various hand-picked filters.
- One of its good features is Magic Wand to add automatic enhancements.
- You can have more than 200 filters but in its paid version.
3. Adobe Lightroom – Photo & Video Editor
Another photo editing app option is Adobe Lightroom, a professional app to make quick adjustments to your images. This version of Adobe’s app also provides a popular desktop software version to professionally edit photos. You can even work with RAW files. It basically focuses on high-quality adjustment tools offered as simple sliders. With this, you can easily adjust your image’s light, color, detail, distortion, and grain.
- You can shoot in JPEG or DNG with its automatic or professional modes.
- You can even select shutter speed, white balance, and ISO.
- It also offers fewer choices of timer, ratio, and customization for the display.
- Its camera also gives a choice of three grids: Thirds, Halves, and Golden.
- Lightroom easily synchronizes with your photo library.
The next choice of photo editing application is an app store award-winning application named Prisma Photo Editor. You can even say this as an artwork app. You can easily transform your images into stylish paintings. This app is based on artificial neural networks to enable users to make photos look as if they are paintings. You can get a vast set of editing tools to make your photos professional paintings.
- You can choose from a variety of 500 filters.
- It also offers its online community like Instagram.
- You can share photos to Prisma Feed or you can save them on your device.
- Its library is ever-expanding as it gives a new filter almost every day.
- A good range of art types is also available.
Adobe Photoshop Express is one of the top-ranked photo editing applications available for Android devices. It takes up many best tools of photoshop. While offering plenty of advanced features, it is very easily accessible from a small touchscreen. You can upload any image from your mobile, you can take one from the camera, or even you can take an image from your Adobe creative cloud account.
- It offers you all the expected editing tools like red-eye removal, cropping, contrast, border sets, etc.
- It even lets you use a huge variety of smart filters to automatically remove common issues present like exposure problems.
- You just need to sign-up with your Adobe free account to have access to its features.
- After editing, you can save photos or you can share them with other social media platforms.
The next choice on the list is also from Adobe. Adobe Photoshop Fix app is mainly popular for portrait editing. This Android-based application is free-to-use. It is basically not for adding filters or effects to your photos, rather it is designed for removing unwanted aspects from your photo. You can do professional-level portrait editing with Adobe Photoshop Fix. As the name suggests, it is actually for fixing your images.
- One of its truly impressive features is Liquify Section.
- It has all the basic features like adjusting shadows, colors, highlights, and many more things.
- It automatically registers all the facial features as soon as you upload a portrait to let you easily make adjustments.
- You can even share your edits to photoshop if you are a creative cloud user.
If you want to retouch your selfies, The next photo editing app option ‘Visage’ is for you. There is no problem at all with eye bags, pimples, dark circles, teeth, etc. if they are not perfect. Still, there are times, when you need to have a perfect selfie. So, Visage is here for you to make this possible very easily and quickly. You can easily retouch your portraits within minutes that too free of cost.
- You can easily smooth the skin texture, whiten teeth, do eye correction, and apply eye makeup.
- You can also choose from a variety of interesting backgrounds and effects.
- You can face lots of ads in its free version but the editing results are marvelous.
- Your final edited photo has branded hashtag applied at the bottom.
If you are a regular phone user, then you must have heard about Instagram. This platform is basically to share your edited photos on social media. This is generally to make an online community of your own to enhance followers globally. Many people take photos nowadays only to share them on Instagram mainly. Instagram is owned by Facebook now, So no trust issues are there. You must be wondering why Instagram is considered under the photo editing category. But trust this, it is also one of the good platforms to edit your photos very nicely as per the latest filters.
- You can use all the basic editing tools like effects, stickers, text, overlays, and many more.
- It also offers a variety of tools to enhance your photos to boost the following of your account.
- You can even use Instagram stories and Instagram Live to connect with your followers.
- You can choose from color-balancing sliders, sharpness, and structures.
AfterLight is one of the good photo editing apps featured as an ‘All-in-one’ application. It provides you with all the basic features you need to edit your images like adjusting the exposure, contrast, tone, etc. You can also add customized text as per your needs. The platform is a perfect combination of simplicity and precision. You will find mobile guest photographers and several themes in its filter library.
- You have the option to choose from over 20 advanced tools including unique selective hues, grains, curves, etc.
- You can use a vast set of textures like prism effects, dusty film overlays, real film light leaks, etc.
- You can nicely work with RAW files.
- The app can import your photo library, a positive point of this platform.
The last option on the list is Canva, a very good application for business-related photos. Canva is not limited to photo editing, it is well used for posters, and visuals for your website. You just have to take a photo and upload it to Canva. Now you can edit it to create visuals as per your business requirements.
- Easily create professional photos with its advanced filters and vignettes.
- Easily share edited photos on different platforms.
- You can use its thousands of customized templates.
- You can even showcase your product with its logo maker.
- You can auto-focus background blur and easily sharpen the photo subject.
That’s all for this blog!
The selected list of photo editing apps is really good-to-go for Android platforms if you need to do some high-level editing to your images quickly. All the apps are given their basic set of features You just have to think about your requirements and choose the one. For Example, Instagram is mainly good to use for photo sharing after editing. For good results, stick to one or two as per your need. If you have any other android photo editing app option in mind, share your pick here.
Still, need to ask something…feel free to contact us…we will answer shortly!