If you are someone in the e-commerce industry, then you may be already familiar with white-label e-commerce. This article aims to familiarize you with the various white-label e-commerce platforms. It will also inform you about the advantages, distinctions, and examples of these platforms.
But if you aren’t familiar with white-label e-commerce and their platforms yet, don’t worry as we’ll have a run-down of the basics of this type of e-commerce business strategy! Read on till the end to get a complete idea about this.
What is White Label E-commerce?
White-label e-commerce is an e-commerce business strategy that involves the cooperation of 2 businesses. One business will be in charge of manufacturing the white-label product. This is a product with no branding elements. The other business will be in charge of all other aspects of a product such as the branding, packing, marketing, and selling of the product.
The advantage of this two-pronged strategy is that you don’t have to worry about creating your actual product. You don’t need to fund or build your own factory where you manufacture the products. You can focus solely on marketing and selling them. Many white-label e-commerce businesses make use of digital marketing such as ecommerce link building services to widen their reach.
However, white-label e-commerce also comes with a disadvantage of competition. Since you will be selling a white-label product, there is little to no exclusivity. Other companies can get a hold of the exact same product and sell it as well. You are not unique in terms of the actual product. It will all come down to how well you market and sell your product.
So what are the examples of some of the platforms where you can sell white-label products? And what are the features and advantages of each of them?
Shopify is one of the leading e-commerce platforms on the market right now. This platform allows anyone to create a website for their store and sell their products from it. They can also set up their physical stores as points of sale and they can manage their stock and inventory from the app as well.
Advantages of Using Shopify
- It is well known and already has a large number of buyers and sellers
- They are mobile-ready and have a mobile optimized application
- You don’t need previous tech knowledge to set up your website on the platform
- Many free design templates
- It has over 100 payment gateways and they have its own payment gateway called ‘Stripe’
- The abandoned cart recovery feature allows your customers to pick up where they left off
- They have a dedicated shipping feature
- They have a digital marketing platform that has a built-in blog and SEO tools.
- They have social media integration for Facebook and Instagram
- Has an option, ShopifyPlus for very big businesses
Since Shopify is a well-known app, they are great for beginners who aren’t very well-versed in SEO and marketing. This site is not free and they charge a percentage for each sale. But they will get the job done in getting your business’s site up and running and you can start selling your products from there.
BigCommerce is another well-known e-commerce platform in the market. They pride themselves on being a versatile solution for innovative e-commerce. They have similar features to Shopify but with more reasonable pricing.
Advantages of Using BigCommerce
- Offers more features for a lower price
- Has more built-in sales features instead of using third-party applications
- No transaction fees regardless of your subscription plan
- Accommodates up to 600 variations on a single product
- Easy to use even for international buyers and sellers
- Mobile-ready which is fully adapted to mobile devices
- You can have unlimited staff accounts for your store
- The built-in Avalara AvaTax helps you automate sales tax
- It has better evaluation and contracting
- Has an option, BigCommerce Enterprise for very big businesses
This e-commerce platform is great for beginners or experienced sellers who want a platform that doesn’t have way too many settings. If you prefer something more customizable, BigCommerce is also a good choice for you.
WooCommerce is another top e-commerce platform where you can sell your white-label products. What makes them unique is that they are built on WordPress and you can turn any WordPress site into a WooCommerce store just by adding the plugin to your site. Your new site can get set up in a few minutes for free. The platform also prides itself on being highly customizable, but you have to be somewhat knowledgeable in order to do so.
Advantages of Using WooCommerce
- It is open-source and highly customizable, with over 55,000 options in its plugin directory
- Great value for money as it does not charge extra fees for using any third-party gateway payments
- Code-optimized for your SEO needs and has multiple guides to help you with learning more about search engine optimization
- Has the best customer support with 24/7 chat and phone accessibility
- Free to install with reasonably priced plugins
- Has a mobile app option
If you are someone with previous experience with WordPress, then WooCommerce would be a great choice for you. There is a minimal learning curve that you can solve by watching a few youtube tutorials. But if you can get past that, then you have a highly customizable website for your business. This is also known to be the best e-commerce platform for SEO so if you can incorporate this advantage into your digital marketing strategy it would render good results.
White-label e-commerce is a good venture, especially if you are skilled in digital marketing and SEO. With a lot of competition in this kind of business, the way to outsell others would be through your creativity and originality when it comes to branding and marketing your product.
There are many e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, BigCommerce, and WooCommerce that are easy to use. Each of them offers their own advantages and it’s up to you which will fit you the best. We hope you learned a lot about white-label e-commerce platforms from our article and that it helps you choose which one is right for you!