Salesforce is a buzzword nowadays. Salesforce is a leading CRM software that is formed cloud. It has more than 1000 applications to support various features like generating new leads, acquiring new leads, increasing sales and closing the deals. So let’s start with salesforce performance testing and how to test salesforce applications.
The primary objective of every business is to keep their customers satisfied in every possible manner. However, it becomes a challenging task whenever a business implements or customizes the marketing strategies & productivity. Testing Salesforce enables organizations to make sure that their core business workflow won’t be affected in any way. In this article, we are going to see what is Salesforce testing and how it’s performed.
how to test salesforce application?
Salesforce is a cloud-based CRM system that allows businesses to manage, sell and connect with customers. It is feasible to integrate Salesforce with other enterprise applications that help to manage the relationship with prospects & customers. Salesforce testing is similar to software testing but specific to Salesforce. The process is very useful whenever an update, or customization is made to ascertain any type of vulnerability. The end-to-end testing guarantees that the incorporation with Salesforce is working as it should be.
Types of Salesforce Performance Testing
Testing Salesforce can be performed in 2 different ways,
In this procedure, the testing comprises standard techniques performed by the QA team for regression, integration, functional, happy path, and system testing.
The automated testing involves the computer programs to test the system using tools like Selenium, QTP, Assure Click, and some other automated technologies.
Challenges Associated with Testing Salesforce applications
- Navigating through frames: Salesforce is a complex application that comprises a front-end built with dynamic frames that can load content independently in the current HTML document. Testing salesforce becomes challenging when testers need to deal with nested or hidden frames. Since the application can have multiple frames, a typical 30-50 step test case can take hours of coding, usually resulting in a brittle script.
- Running against dynamic content: Similar to most modern web applications, Salesforce also comprises dynamic elements which do not contain a fixed ID, name, class, or CSS attributes. So no one can hard code the element locator. A regular method to identify the fixed part of the locator is not usually simple. In addition, minor UI changes can easily turn the tests flaky.
- Managing tables: Salesforce application can contain various database-driven tables. Also, the rows are created dynamically and can be easily managed by various tabs. Such a thing makes straightforward action like ticking a checkbox with Selenium can be quite complicated and prone to errors.
Why Automation Salesforce Testing is Necessary?
Testing becomes essential whenever an update is made to the system for businesses as any small bug can create a lot of problems. The automation process will speed up the process, reduce risk, and ensure accurate results.
However, finding the right solution for automating Salesforce testing is important.
What’s the solution?
Opkey offers a no-code automation platform for Salesforce testing that mines your unique Salesforce processes and MetaData for creating thousands of unbreakable tests.
How to test salesforce application, automatic & manual testing?
Salesforce is a customer relationship management solution that brings customers and companies together. It’s one integrated CRM platform that gives all your departments including marketing, sales, commerce, and service a single shared view of every customer. The primary purpose of a CRM tool is to sustain the relationship of an organization with its customers once the product is delivered to customers.
Why do we need Salesforce testing?
More than 82,000 companies use the Salesforce platform to maintain a positive relationship with the customers’ enhanced communication between customers and organizations.
- Automation of daily tasks is very important
- Salesforce is online, no additional software is required to use Salesforce. enough reasons? I believe Let’s see what’s next. Okay, let us come to the main topic.
- It detects faults at an early stage and has a high level of test accuracy.
It contributes to the stability of customised features.
With testing customisation, it reduces business risks.
- Internal or external environment integration testing guarantees that functionality is preserved.
- With end-to-end testing, you can expand test coverage.
- It verifies that third-party APIs are integrated with Salesforce to meet business needs.
- It verifies customer service-oriented case management workflows.
What is salesforce performance testing?
We can say it is a validation of the configuration and customization performed in Salesforce. Then manual testing in Salesforce includes happy flow, functional integration, regression, and system testing. Automation testing in Salesforce can be done by Provar, Selenium, and Cutiepie. Selenium is the best choice as it is an open-source tool. That’s quite important.
- Salesforce objects are database tables, which permit us to store data specific to the organization to standard objects.
- Salesforce comes with a large number of standard objects that are integral to Salesforce.
- Salesforce custom objects, all the items created by external forces and not by salesforce.com.
- Then comes the relationships. In this we have master-detail and lookup
- Records this is made up of a bunch of fields that hold information to describe a specific item.
- Accounts companies or individuals
- Even contacts individuals within the accounts
- Opportunities an event or activity for revenue generation
- Case a problem which a customer may have raised
- Solution, the description of issues and their resolution
- Forecast estimated quarterly revenue of the organization
- Activity it includes calendar events and tasks
- Products refers to items that are sold to customers.
- Report analysis of all data that is stored in custom or standard objects
- Dashboard graphical data or groups of charts generated from reports
- Folders holds the documents
- Campaign marketing projects
- Lead the companies that are interested in your product.
Let’s come to the main point of Salesforce testing which is levels of testing in Salesforce
We have a unit testing process is conducted by Apex developers. It involves writing clauses in the code which automatically test its coverage it helps you to evaluate how many records of data are affected so that the code would successfully run on in that environment.
Then comes system testing performed by an expert team of Salesforce consultants involves testing of the developed systems’ technical processes from start to finish, involves test scripts based on specific outputs. As in the diagram, we can see you attesting it is conducted by the end-users performed with test scripts that mimic the real case business scenarios with the expected business outcome.
Then comes production verification testing, it is a repeat of system testing in the production environment performed by Salesforce consultants in end users. Production testing tests whether config and code have been correctly deployed from sandbox to production environment.
Last but not least, regression testing is performed by system users. The main objective is to verify that the release code and configuration features do not affect the existing processes in the system. The main purpose of the testing is to confirm that the system users for whom the released features are not intended can perform the day-to-day activities without any issue.
Now let’s take a look at the Salesforce testing process.
The testing process for Salesforce could be the same as of testing any web application. But going a step ahead, a tester should have a clear knowledge of sales and service clouds objects, security concepts, workflows, and process builder reports and dashboards. Once the code is deployed in a sandbox environment and approved the code should be moved into production from the sandbox environment.
What are the tools for Salesforce test automation that some are common like Selenium?
UFT, cucumber PROVAR, and changesets are quite specific tools as compared to others.
Salesforce load testing
This picture is not exactly the load testing. Let’s see the real load testing. There are Salesforce load testing challenges like scheduling complexities and system governors. But the good thing is we have the solution to benchmark the environment, evaluate the current test, plan, and confirm resources are enough to achieve the desired result.
Aggregate the necessary information to meet test plan requirements, monitor tests to ensure performance, and confirm range results. Implementing and managing a quality-focused performance testing program. There are quite a few best practices for Salesforce security testing. Some of them are turning on IP restrictions for user logins turn on multi-factor authentication for all users making organization-wide sharing rules as restrictive as possible.
Require secure passwords set a maximum incorrect login attempt to between three and five times to enable obscured secret answers for password resets, forced re-login upon session timeout but enable session timeout warning pop up. Keep the session timeout timeframe as low as possible without annoying your Salesforce user base. Salesforce exploratory testing is like testing on other web applications. For example, consistency, negative test flows, input validation, compatibility testing, maximum length validation and API testing. This can be extended to more user experience scenarios.
Some of the roles and responsibilities of a Salesforce tester is to make sure that the code coverage does not go below 75% As per the standard Salesforce rule, also conduct smoke testing positive and negative test scenarios and conduct role-based testing.
Well, like any other application testing, Salesforce testing also has some challenges. It includes testing advanced features like visual force, Salesforce, or Service Cloud console writing test cases with different roles and automation testing challenges. Last but not least, the most important thing is to understand the Salesforce administration without fail.
how to test salesforce application
There are some best practices for Salesforce testing if they are followed, testing would be more streamlined and systematic. It includes a comprehensive list of prioritized test case scenarios document documentation of all test scenarios and execution using valid user-profiles negative and positive paths testing and integration testing of new features with the existing system.
So finally, we have reached the end of the Salesforce testing tutorial. So few things before we leave. Salesforce has a dedicated community of developers and testers with Whom one can connect in the hour of need. career growth aspects for Salesforce platform testers are very rapid which can be seen in the fact that more than 90k companies are using the Salesforce platform. testers can opt for salesforce.com administration certification or salesforce.com developer certification and improvise their career.
There are two main types of testing for Salesforce: Salesforce Functional Testing and Salesforce UAT Testing.
The process is no different from general testing i.e. testing levels are the same: Unit, Integration, System, and User Acceptance Testing. Then Regression Testing and PVT testing should also be performed.