When it comes to regular email sending and receiving, working in offline Outlook mode is simple. However, there are multiple times when the Outlook mailbox does not perform well, and the user cannot access their emails. Assume that you are on a flight and there is no network access.
Best Methods for Outlook OST File Corrupt
The user will lose access to all of the data on the server at that time. It is the point that OST files are not accessible. OST files and Outlook files run offline mode but are still links to the Exchange Server. On the other hand, the Outlook OST file corrupt if there is an issue with data synchronization.
Analyze And Repairing Outlook OST File
When users deal with OST files, they may see multiple error messages. These Outlook OST error messages occur when the OST file is corrupted. Another error is when Outlook takes longer than usual time to load itself or the emails. All of these problems lead to a damaged OST file. The error notifications are shown here so that the user may analyze their OST files.
- This error message is displayed when an OST file fails to synchronize with Exchange Server precisely. This error message warns users that the Outlook OST file has been corrupt.
- When the Exchange server is not fully working, this error message shows. The user must ensure that they do not receive this error often since it corrupts the OST files. If this happens repeatedly, fix the issue in the OST file ASAP.
- When the Outlook OST mailbox files fail to synchronize with the Exchange Server, this error occurs. It reveals that the OST has already corrupted, preventing it from syncing with the server.
As previously discussed, the appearance of these errors indicates that users must repair damage OST files. As a result, different ways have been created to recover corrupted Outlook data files, listed below.
Manual Methods to Recover Corrupted Outlook Data File
After discussing analyzing and repairing Outlook OST files, now we will discuss the manual methods to recover corrupted Outlook data files, which are listed below:-
- Easy Method To Recover OST Files
- Use ScanPST to Repair Outlook OST File
- Professional Method To Repair Corrupt OST Files.
Method 1: Easy Method To Recover OST Files
- First, Install the OST File Repair application on your system.
- Press on the Add File button and add the corrupted OST file.
- Now, select the Quick or Advance Scan icon from the Scan Mode tab.
- A Quick scan icon is a quick scanner used for minor problems.
- An Advance scan icon is used for foremost issues and can scan all files properly.
- Next, click on the Add button to add the OST file in the tool.
- After that, preview the mailbox items such as Emails, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, Notes, etc.
- At last, choose the recovered items and hit on the Export button.
Earlier, We discussed the easy method to recover OST files. If this method does not work for some users, they should use a different way by using ScanPST to repair the Outlook OST file.
Method 2: Use ScanPST to Repair Outlook OST File
ScanPST.exe is an Outlook built-in utility for OST File Repair used to repair both PST and OST files. Users can run this OST File Repair tool to locate and fix the errors in your OST file. The ScanPST.exe is, by default, found in the Outlook structure directory. However, the actual location may vary depending on the version of Outlook you are using.
Outlook cannot find OST files directly; know how to find Scanpst.exe Location in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 & 2007.
- Firstly, Run ScanPST.exe.
- In the Microsoft Outlook OST File Repair Tool window that pops up, press the Browse button and enter the path of the OST file you want to repair.
- Press on the Start button to scan the file.
- After scanning, ensure you have selected the backup option and then click to Repair button to fix the file.
- Next, completion of the repair, an alert window will pop up. Hit on the OK button.
- If ScanPST cannot repair the OST file, it will ask you to recreate the file.
As above ScanPST to repair Outlook OST file method discussed. If the user finds any difficulty to perform the manual methods, we have a professional method to repair corrupt OST files.
Although the above-mentioned built-in software is useful, it does not assure total OST file recovery. Sometimes, it can remove inaccurate data to produce beneficial data so Outlook cannot find OST files. As a result, the user must exercise caution when performing the recovery process with this tool. Furthermore, the Scanost.exe application is no longer supported by Microsoft Outlook versions 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019.
Recently, We discussed the limitations of Outlook that cannot find OST files by using manual methods in the simple steps. We tell you the above how to repair corrupt OST files using third-party software.
Professional Method To Repair Corrupt OST Files:
As previously stated, the mentioned above is not reliable for repair corrupt OST files due to different limitations. As a result, we have offered a complete solution to resolve OST corruption issues by using MSOutlook Help OST File Repair software. In contrast to the manual technique, this repairing application is compatible with all versions of Microsoft Outlook.
In the end, as we tell you, there are several techniques to repair corrupt OST files. To simplify the problem, we have introduced both manual and professional methods. As we discussed, the first manual methods with their limitations. After that, we introduced an automated technique recommended by IT professionals. I hope your issue regarding how to rebuild the OST file is fixed.