Trending this week: Which Technologies is Used To Make A Metaverse?
- Platform Independent: Since browsers can read the language they can easily solve the compilation and compatibility type of problems. Because of this, it can run on systems that support systems like windows, Macintosh, etc. also, it allows you to include them in other programming scripts like HTML.
What is Mean Stack?
- MongoDB: It is one of the well-known cross-platform databases which is written in the C++ programming language.
- ExpressJS: It is a well-developed and a light weighted server network that is basically used to create single-page and multi-page web applications. It used the Pug engine to provide a support for the templates.
- AngularJS: It is an open-source and web as well as mobile application that is being operated by Google. It has been very useful in both development as well as the testing of apps.
- NodeJS: It is among one of the world’s best-performing platforms that have got a variety of features. Several organizations and startups like SMBs, Fortune 500 companies utilize this application to build various mobile, web, and desktop applications which includes full-stack web development.
Some of the famous and widely used applications that use in the mean stack web development are Google, Fiverr, linked, Netflix, etc.
The MEAN stack is among one of the most widely used technology features for the development of web applications.
Advantages of Mean Stack
There are several reasons or advantages for using Mean Stack. Some of them are described here:
- It allows you to create a rather simpler open-source solution as well as build maintainable and sustained solutions.
- It is helpful for the development of applications on a faster basis.
- It is the only uniform and single language throughout your entire process of stack development
- It uses a very low memory footprint or overhead.
- It is helpful in avoiding unnecessary groundwork. It keeps the application organized which makes it easy to use.
- The application is kept organized.
- MongoDB used in it built for the cloud purpose
- It is helpful in simplifying the layers of the server.
- Any code made by using MEAN is isomorphic.
These all are the advantages of the mean stack which makes it the most used application by the developers. Top 10 Best Mobile App Development Frameworks in 2022
Disadvantages of MeanStack
As everything has got a positive and negative side similarly there are several disadvantages of using a mean stack technology. Some of these are highlighted below:
- It is not a recommendable application for large-scale applications usage
- It has not got any of the specific general JS coding guidelines.
- If you develop the first site using the mean stack technology then it becomes very complicated to return back to the older one.
- If seen from the business point of view it offers poor isolation of the server.
- While using the mean stack technology there are chances that you gradually lose the server records.
- Possible to switch easily between server and client: While using this technology it is way more convenient to easily switch between the server-side browser and the client-side browser. This is possible because it uses a common language for coding purposes. By using this the need for a third-party standalone to develop the appends. The Node technology used in the Mean stack makes it easy for the developer to upload the apps to the server.
- It is highly versatile: The Meanstack application offers a highly multi-featured and flexible to the developers using it. This indeed is a commendable feature. Once the development process gets completed it allows the developers to test the app on a cloud platform. The development of the application, testing process in clouds is highly user-friendly and easy-to-use features. Also, extra fields can be added to the form in case the developer wants to add any additional information. This is made possible by the MongoDB technology used in the mean stack.
- Ability to quickly develop an MVP: MVP symbolizes the terms minimum viable product. This refers to the app that is developed with the most basic and the most required features that are a must in any application. These are some of the at least looked-for features by any user searching for the product. Since mean stack can develop MVP in a short period it becomes cost-effective and also the testing of the product in the market becomes easy. The quick development of an MVP is due to its faster framework.
- Makes isomorphic coding possible: There are two major platforms on which smartphones operate, namely: Android and iOS are the two major applications on which the smartphones run. Both of these platforms need unique features and have different requirements for app development. If anyone is interested in creating an app for both of these platforms then he needs to do this separately. But by using a mean stack this can be done together which gradually reduces the workload on the developer. This feature is one of the major reasons for the success of the mean stack. Because it reduces work and also saves time.
These all are the benefits that are offered by the mean stack technology to the developers.