In the modern day, online security is of utmost importance. Typically, cell phones are not as secure as computers. Firewalls, antivirus software, and encryption on browser sites may not work perfectly to protect your phone from online scams. For this reason, our phones may become compromised. This guide will teach you how to find hidden tracking apps on iPhone.
Since more than 500,000 new pieces of malware are detected every day, it is more important than ever to know how to detect malicious apps to prevent falling prey to online hackers.
What Is Spyware & How Does It Work?
Spyware is also referred to as Malicious Spyware, Nuisanceware, or Malware. Whatever you call it, it is an invasion of privacy. Spyware enables the user to obtain personal and private information from an unknowing person’s private online activities via their hard drive.
Without you knowing, this software can be downloaded onto your phone, collect data about you, and forward it to a third party.
Spyware works by quietly infiltrating your phone and collecting your personal data. This can be login passwords, frequently visited websites, accounts, and your location. This data is then sent on to the spyware user to use for their own purposes. This leaves you open to further danger from fake accounts and even fraud.
Popular Hidden Tracking Apps You Should Know
- uMobix – uMobix is a type of hidden phone tracker app often utilized by parents who want to keep track of their children’s online activities. This spyware works in stealth mode. This means that it is undetectable. uMobix stores all of the users’ data onto an easy-to-access dashboard. This software is marketed as one of the legitimate phone trackers for monitoring children or other people of interest.
- XNSPY – XNSPY is another type of hidden phone tracker app marketed as a way for parents to keep track of their children’s online habits. This type of tracking app also works in the background of your phone sending your information to a convenient dashboard. It offers plenty of features, such as keylogging, taking live screenshots, recording ambient sound, tracking location, monitoring activity on social media, emails, texts, etc.
- Snoopza – This type of hidden tracker app works to monitor not only your visited sites and activity but your phone calls as well. Among other features, this app can track your location and copy your personal information right to a third party.
How to Prevent Your Phone from Getting Spyware
It is important to know that spy apps can infect your phone no matter how good your internet security is. There are a few ways to help prevent falling prey to spyware, but it requires you to remain vigilant of your online activities.
Keep your security updated – It is important to ensure that your cell phone is up to date and you regularly search for and download system updates. This is especially important that your trusted browser is updated as it is your first line of defense against malicious software.
Avoid Pop-Ups – If you are browsing online, you will eventually run across an unwanted pop-up. These pop-ups can contain spyware that can infect your phone. It is important to ensure you do not click on these pop-ups, no matter how tempting they may be.
Know Your Browser Security Settings – By checking your browser security settings, you can adjust the settings to help further protect your device from malware. Remember that your default security settings may not be correct for your browser.
Warning Signs & Symptoms of Spyware
Several warning signs indicate that a phone has been infected with spyware.
If Your Phone…
- Runs Slower than Usual
- Gets Warm, Even When Not in Use
- Phone Battery Drains Quickly
- Unknown Apps Running in Background
- Screen Lights Up Randomly
…Then, you might have spyware or hidden tracking apps on your device.
Online scams are a common occurrence, and the first step to protecting yourself is knowing how to identify that there is malicious software on your phone.
How to Find Hidden Tracking Apps on Phone
If your iPhone is not working correctly and you wonder, “How can I find hidden tracking apps on my phone?”, there are a few ways to handle it.
Your first step is to check if your phone has been jailbroken. Unless you did this on purpose, there is a high chance that your device has been infected with spyware. You can perform a manual search to find hidden apps and files for tracking, folders, or files you have not authorized or downloaded. You can check your settings menu and turn off permissions to any app that requests tracking information.
Even if you don’t find hidden tracking apps on iPhone during your manual search, that doesn’t mean that your phone is spyware free. It is still important to run a spyware scan to identify and remove any suspicious apps.
How to Remove Tracker from Your iPhone
If you have located a spy app on your iPhone, you have a few options for removal. You can delete any suspicious apps, folders, or files that have been downloaded. You can delete these files on your own or utilize the help of a trusted anti-spyware app. Changing your passwords and pins to the accounts you use is also important. This will lock out any spyware that has gained access to your iPhone.
If you have taken steps to remove any suspicious apps and files and are still having issues with your phone’s performance, you may want to perform a factory reset. This is the best way to ensure that you have removed all suspicious apps.
Even if you are the most careful Internet user, you can still find hidden tracking apps on your phone. Taking steps to help prevent your phone from being compromised is important. Know the warning signs that your gadget has been infected and perform regular checks to prevent falling victim to scams. Remember, if you detect a spy app on your device, you must take the necessary steps to remove harmful spyware as soon as possible.