Unless you have zero access to the Internet whatsoever, NFT stands for a non-fungible token, which is a well-known thing in the crypto world now that NFTs are thriving. If you’re new, this is a great area to explore further if you want to maximize your investment.
So, what actually is an NFT? An NFT is a digital asset that represents an object in the real world. For instance, the Charlie Bit My Finger video sold for half a million dollars! NFTs are purchased and sold on the Internet, usually with cryptocurrency, and they are typically encoded with the same underlying software as a lot of cryptocurrencies have.
You may need to purchase crypto online in order to buy an NFT, and there are many ways you can do so. For example, you can buy USDT with credit card payments.
Despite the fact that NFTs have been around for quite some time now (since 2014), they have only started to gain real notoriety within the past couple of years. This is because they have become an exceptionally popular way of buying and selling digital artwork. In fact, since November of 2017, an incredible $150 million has been spent on NFTs.
So, if you are looking for ways to make more money, becoming an NFT artist is certainly a viable option. However, there are a number of different steps you will need to take in order to make this a success. Let’s take a look at them in further detail to help you get started.
Steps you need to take to become an NFT artist
If you want to become an NFT artist, there are a number of steps you are going to need to follow. These are as follows:
- Make your digital art – The first thing you need to do is make your digital art. It is a good idea to carve out a niche when creating digital art, as this gives you the ability to hone your skills in one specific area while creating an audience who understands and appreciates the type of work that you create.
- Choose the blockchain you want to use – NFTs will be hosted on a blockchain, which is a decentralized, distributed, public ledger that exists across a network. There are actually numerous blockchains for you to select from. Some of the most popular include Klaytn, Wax, Flow, Solana, Bitcoin Cash, Tezos, Polygon, Cardano, and Ethereum. The majority of investors and NFT artists prefer Ethereum. 25+ Solana NFT Marketplaces
- Set up your crypto wallet – You will need a crypto wallet for transferring, holding, selling, and creating NFTs.
- Load your wallet with the right tokens – Once you have got your wallet established, you will need to load it with the cryptocurrency that will power your chosen blockchain. For example, you will need ETH if you have chosen Ethereum.
- Select your marketplace – Next, you need to determine what marketplace you are going to use. This will typically be where you sell, market, and mint your NFTs, so make sure you select wisely. Depending on the sort of art you are going to be selling, you may find that it makes more sense for you to select a marketplace that is dedicated to your particular niche, as you will find it much easier to connect with buyers who are interested in what you have to offer.
- Mint your NFT – You now need to mint your NFT, which means turning your collection of art into a piece of blockchain history. While it may sound difficult, minting is a lot more straightforward than people realize. You simply need to have a wallet that is compatible and loaded with all relevant funds.
- Set your prices – Now that you have done all of the hard work and created your NFT, you need to figure out how much you are going to sell your NFT for. While only you can decide on the price that is right for you, it is advisable to spend some time doing research online to see what sort of prices other NFT artists are setting.
- Sell your NFT – Last but not least, the time has come for you to sell your NFT. list it on the marketplace of your choice. Most of the platforms out there are very easy to use.
Tips on becoming a successful NFT artist
There is no denying that this is a sector that is very much thriving at the moment. With that being said, below, we are going to explore some of the different ways that you can become a successful NFT artist.
Make sure your work stands out from the crowd
There is only one place to begin, and this is by ensuring that your work is unique and stands out from the crowd. At present, the NFT marketplace is incredibly saturated. If your work does not catch peoples’ eyes, it will end up getting lost in a sea of other pieces of work that are available.
It is imperative that the art piece itself is what causes people to take notice. Make sure that every piece you create is exclusive.
You may want to think about adding some visual percept to your piece, for example, music or motion graphics. Consider anything that is going to make someone stop and take notice of your NFT.
It is also imperative to make sure that the description for your NFT and the name of your NFT both do their job. Your words should be honest, straight to the point, and effective.
Aside from this, when it comes to your art, consistency is critical. Make sure your own consistencies are incorporated into the work, as this will make it much easier for you to sell your piece of digital art.
Respect and understand the data privacy laws that are in place
Becoming a successful NFT artist is not just about creating amazing digital pieces. It is also about understanding the marketplace and how to navigate it effectively. You need to know what it takes to sell things online.
As mentioned above, it is incredibly likely that you are going to be dealing with cryptocurrency, and so you need to know the rules and regulations for this in the country that you are dealing with.
Spend some time reading up on the different privacy laws so that you do not end up breaching any regulations. A simple guide to privacy laws is a good place to start.
A lot of people dive right in with little thought or consideration for the rules and regulations that are in place, and they soon live to regret it, especially if they are stung with large fines.
Engage with your audience
Aside from the tips we have mentioned so far, engaging with your audience is important. A lot of people collect art because they can connect with it. Therefore, you should consider your artwork as a dialogue between yourself and your audience. Create something that resonates with them and speaks to them. If you are able to do this, they may be convinced to purchase your piece.
One good approach to consider is referencing real experiences and events, and incorporate them into your artwork. Try to embed a piece of history in your work so that there is a deeper meaning for both you and your audience.
To create deeper meaning for both you and your audience, embed a piece of history into your work. Relevant events, particularly ones that are significant can trigger responses from others, so try to use this to your benefit.
Immerse yourself in NFT
As is the case with anything in life, it is important to spend time researching and really honing your craft and your skills before you dive right in. NFTs are not different. It is important to learn everything you can about them. Read about how they work and get immersed into the space fully. Be active in communities to really leverage this platform and generate as much profit as possible.
There are many people who will want to help you in terms of navigating the world of NFTs and blockchain technology. Discord communities can be really great in this regard. There are collectors and other artists who you can engage with and possibly strike up collaborations with as well.
Make the most of social media marketing
Social media marketing is an incredibly effective tool that can help you in terms of growing your audience as an artist. Spend some time studying the social media platforms that your audience uses the most, be it Instagram, Twitter, or something different.
YouTube is a great place for resources and how-to videos that can help you to become a better social media marketer. This is a great way of reaching others and connecting with them so that they learn about your artwork and share it with others themselves.
Final words on becoming an NFT artist
So there you have it: everything you need to know about becoming an NFT artist. We hope that the tips and advice that we have provided you with above will help you to get a better understanding of what it takes to become an NFT artist so you can start earning money from this venture.